How Much Does It Cost To Optimize A Website for Search?
The below mainly looks at the monthly costs of ongoing SEO assuming a website is already optimized. If the site is not optimized, you will need to consider the costs to have it optimized. A well-optimized website platform that delivers a great mobile-UX is crucial. This can be a big investment ($2,000-$4,000 on average), but a website that is not built for search results and satisfied users in mind is a waste of time and money, and may be one of the weakest revenue-generating links in your business.
Average Pricing For Ongoing SEO
There is a wide range of monthly pricing for SEO. These prices are not specific to just small businesses, but give a general idea of price.
Average Monthly SEO Pricing In The U.S. (Typical contracts of 6 to 24 months)
• $300 – $500 – Small local business
• $500-1,000 – Small business competitive industry
• $1,000-2,500 – Small business highly-competitive industry, regional e-commerce
• $2,500-5,000 – Small, medium, highly-competitive, competitive e-commerce
• $5,000-10,000 – Medium, large business, retail chain, md/lrg competitive industrial
There are many price variations, but the majority of businesses are spending less than $4,000 per month on SEO in America. 40% of these businesses are spending less than $1,100 per month (small businesses and startups). These prices reflect the level of difficulty and scope of the project to be completed. Those paying less than $500 per month are probably local businesses with limited serviceable areas!
Call us to request a free SEO evaluation of your website: 248-507-4420